Tuesday, April 6, 2010

HOPE SPRINGS ETERNAL

There are so many things keeping me busy right now and now that spring is here, it's like all of them have sped up. What has been so nice for so many of us right now is the break in the weather... finally. It's like we all hold out for it to break, hang on until to comes, and then when it arrives, we're giddy with excitement. Every year, every spring, that winter reprieve that frees us from 12 layers of clothes, to come out of hibernation and PLAY. Thank you, God.

And with spring's arrival, so begins the wedding season... full steam ahead. There are a whole lot of love stories to capture and tell. Family and friends celebrating. I can't begin to count how many times I've said I'm so lucky to do what I do... to photograph the love story between two people. And then inevitably, a cynic in the crowd asks, do you really like photographing weddings?

Well, to answer that question... I'm sure each and every one of us wedding photographers must be hopeless romantics. Call it corny or whatever else you want but we love a good love story. And we believe in them. I mean if you can't believe in love, then what can you believe in... that the Cubs will win the World Series?

We celebrate love. If all of us thought about whether (when) a couple might not be together in the future, then why bother getting up in the morning? I mean if people don't believe in the concept of marriage, that's one thing. But I challenge you to not believe in love. We see it time and time again. And it doesn't grow tiresome. It makes us happy. It fills us with hope.

What makes you happy? What makes you smile? Hope springs eternal. Welcome springtime... it's time to celebrate!

No comments: