Thursday, April 9, 2009

Pregnant Shoot


Yep... it was bound to happen sooner or later... one of my brides eventually having a baby... Seems to be the next logical step for married couples, right? I mean, if they already have a condo and a few pets, right?

Michelle is due in about 4 weeks and I spent a little time with her earlier this week to snap a few images with her big belly from here to Timbuktu.

Not having children myself (just nieces and nephews), I have often wondered about the bond between a mother and child. How you bring a life into this world?! How you can love something so much! Your drive to protect it! Your desire to nurture it and see it grown!

Though, like I said, I am not a mother, but I am my mother's child. There has never been a day in my life, not one moment, when I ever doubted the profound love my mother felt for me. When I remember her, I am not filled with sadness but incredible gratitude that she was mine. It is because of her, because of a mother's love... that I can only begin to imagine that that is the closest thing to what God's love is like for us. I just feel like the luckiest daughter ever because of my 'Mama.'

I know that Brian and Michelle's baby is going to be one lucky little kiddo and they can hardly wait for his/her arrival. Yep, they don't know what sex the baby is; it's going to be a surprise. Somethings are still best the old-fashioned way, right?

Old-fashioned or not, one thing is always true: there is nothing else like the bond between a mother and child! Michelle looks great and happy and ready!!! I wish Brian and she a healthy and happy baby. And I can't wait to see him/her and take his/her photo too.

CONGRATS!!!

No comments: